Thursday, October 20, 2011

Buttery Biscuits

Tuesday night I had a craving for some big, buttery, homemade biscuits, so off to the kitchen I went. The first time I made homemade biscuits I was so intimidated. Justin and I had only been married a month or two, and my first attempt was a mess, to put it kindly. I made it my mission to master the art of a good ol' Southern homemade biscuit. I believe there are certain Southern staples that every Southern wife needs to know how to make and a biscuit is one of those.
Here's how we begin ... some flour, milk, Crisco, and a rolling pin.
Do you think Paula Deen's kitchen has a baby swing in it?! Just askin' ...

After 10 minutes in the oven ...
I must say, these are probably the best-looking biscuits I've made in a while. Delish!

And here's my Assistant Chef. She looks like a little biscuit, doesn't she? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment